Oh, boy! I had such a blast putting this blog post together! Knowing all too well how manic the final few days can be in the lead up to Christmas, I was keen to develop a series of quick and easy DIY decor ideas and recipes. After all, this time of year is not only crazy busy but also a time when we can come together with loved ones to create special memories. I teamed up with IZZE to create a festive DIY Christmas tree ornament and a #MakeYouSmileStyle mocktail that are great for all the family to enjoy! Click through after the jump to see the how-to and recipe!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s not only super easy to make but delicious and alcohol free so the whole family can enjoy it. I used IZZE Sparkling Pomegranate as my base for the drink. IZZE sparkling juice is 70% pure fruit juice and a splash of sparkling water. That’s it! No added sugar, no high-fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, no caffeine – amazing! Here’s what you need to make your own:
– 3 ounces IZZE pomegranate sparkling juice
– 3 ounces cranberry juice
– Juice from 1 clementine
– 1 ounce lime juice
– Clementine slice and multi-coloured sprinkles to garnish the rim
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the cranberry juice and clementine and lime juice. Next, add the IZZE pomegranate sparkling juice and stir. Strain into two martini glasses with edges that have been dipped in the multi coloured sprinkles. Garnish with a clementine slice (or one of my IZZE-inspired tree decorations/gift tags that I will show you how to make next!).
A tree decoration that can also be used as a gift tag, you say? Sure thing, it’s coming right up and it’s inspired by IZZE’s super colourful and playful logo.WHAT YOU NEED
– Glitter card
– Coloured card
– A 2.5 inch circle craft cutter
– A flower craft cutter
– Clear glue
– Needle and white thread
- Step one: Use the circle craft cutter to cut a perfect circle out of your chosen coloured card.
- Step two: This time use the flower craft cutter to make a shape like the IZZE logo out of a contrasting coloured card.
- Step three: Glue the flower shape to the centre of the circle.
- Step four: Use a needle to make a hole and pull through the white thread so you can hang it as a tree ornament, or fix it to a present as a gift tag.Seriously, how adorable are these ornaments? They are easy enough to make a batch in an hour and are so simple that kids can have in on all the fun too. This is a super fun project to bring the family together to add a few last finishing touches to this year’s Holiday decor!To style a colour pop christmas opt for a white Christmas tree as this will, well, really make the colours zing! With your lights wrapped around the tree (it’s always easiest to do this first) you are ready to hang your handmade ornaments!Mix the handmade IZZE-inspired ornaments with a series of jewel toned glass baubles to create a playful and modern #MakeYouSmileStyle look for the Holidays.With the crafting and decorating completed all that’s left to do is wrap up gifts for all your loved ones. All done? OK, it’s time to put your feet up, have a mocktail in your hand and relax! What do you think of these two last minute Holiday projects? How will you be celebrating the Holidays this year? // Photography by Will Taylor | Posted in partnership with IZZE; all views my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that help keep Bright.Bazaar going!